Monday, July 11, 2011

Witness Post

After repeated warnings, I finally started walking for my health. I actually started while in Florida visiting my mother this summer, and she and I have both continued even after I came home. I began with a one mile goal, and at the crossroads where I turn around, (the half mile mark), is a sign on a weatherworn piece of wood which reads, "Witness Post, Do Not Remove." This serves as proof that here is a legal spot from which surveys can be made, but what intrigued me was the name: an indisputable marker that stood as a fixed representation of its position. Aren't each of us one of these as we view the comings and goings of those things around us? As we walk as though we have a rightful place in this world, ours is each a valid, justifiable viewpoint. My goal is to herein honestly reflect my convictions as I  gradually evolve into the ideal, loving disciple of Jesus I am working to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment